Summary: GoPro officially released mini HERO 4 sport camera- Hero Session.
Session adopts all-new cube design. Compared with Hero 4, it is 50%smaller and 40% lighter with weight of 74g.
More points are in the followings:
- It supports video record in forms of 1440p&30FPS,1080/60p,720/100p and 1440/30p.
- It offers 8MP.
- It supports still cam, continuous and Protune function
- It is able to shoot under 10 meters of water without a waterproof shell.
- It comes with one button design.
- The dual microphone design can automatically switch according to wind noise and water noise.
- It has built-in WI-FI and Bluetooth.
- The delivery time will start from the 12th of thin month.
- It is priced at US$399.99.
Session(the left one) in all-new cube design
The super small size makes it suitable to wear on body
Majorities of settings need to be done via APP on cellphone
There is a white waterproof cushion in the interface
Comparison of image quality between Hero 4 Session and Hero 4 Silver
What do you think of this camera? The release of Hero 4 Session lets our eyes bright. The dimension is downsized a half, and weight is also 40% lighter, which is more compact and portable. However, except that it doesn’t support shooting for 4K@30fps, we also worry about the using time of its battery. In addition, we can see from the test video shot by Wired Magazine that its image quality is worse than Hero 4 Silver, including contrast, color tolerance and other details. So there comes a question, will you buy it?